Parental controls for iPhones and iPads put you in charge of what your children are viewing and doing on these devices. Parental controls allow you to make decisions about what your child can do on his or her device. Just as most parents would not allow their child to browse the Internet openly on a traditional desktop or laptop, having effective controls in place can help you to protect your child when he or she is using the device.
Why Use Parental Controls for iPhones and iPads?
Most importantly, the use of parental controls on Apple products is an ideal way to reduce the risks of your child using his or her device inappropriately. And, you can install parental controls based on what you deem to be acceptable. It’s important to keep in mind that you can easily change these from time to time. Furthermore, they remain in place no matter where your child travels.
Parental control restrictions are located within the Settings tab. First of all, you will need to create a password, and anyone with that password can alter these controls.
Tips and Tricks for Using Parental Controls
There are several ways you can use these controls to guide you. Ultimately, parents should stay up to date as to what the child is using the device for. These tips help make that possible.
- Provide or limit access to the App Store. One of the biggest concerns for some parents is a child’s ability to download (and charge) games. Fortunately, from your master account, you can limit access to put a password in place on the device to limit this interaction.
- Restrict access to Safari, FaceTime, Siri, and Camera applications. You can adjust the parental controls to limit access to these apps. And, within the Parental Controls setting, you can provide access or limit access to these features.
- You can use the same process to limit access to iBooks Store, iTunes, and other Apple-based software.
- Set up controls to eliminate your child’s ability to turn an app off or delete that app. You may want to ensure an app remains in place, such as with a location monitoring or tracking app.
- Restrict in-app purchases using the Parental Controls. This will limit your child’s ability to make in-app purchases within games or other services they use.
Safeguarding Your Child Makes Sense
Though it may seem complex to create and use these controls, it is one of the most important steps you can take to safeguard your child from inappropriate behavior or interaction with others. And, it is all done under the Settings on your device. Of course, you may need to adjust these later, but that’s part of helping your child to make responsible decisions later.
So, if you need help with parental controls for iPhones and iPad, call (770) 569-2002 for a free estimate. We can fix that phone!